Senior Oracle Applications Developer
The Senior Oracle
Applications Developer’s role is to partner with customers, functional business
analysts and other team members in driving appropriate design and
implementation of technical solutions to meet desired business requirements.
Design, develop, test, analyze, and maintain the Oracle E-Business Suite
Applications within the application in support of the business function. The
developer will also research, design, document, and modify software
specifications throughout the production life cycle in accordance with the
business goals and organizational architectural standards.
Strategy & Planning
- Collaborate with business analysts,
business users and other developers in conceptualization and development of new
technical objects within the Oracle applications environment.
- Analyze and assess existing
procedures to allow the application to respond to business changes.
- Evaluate requirements from
functional specifications and create efficient technical designs.
- Analyze and plan Oracle release
Acquisition & Deployment
- Develop complex technical objects in
accordance with the technical development standards and best practices.
- Mitigate significant risks
associated with projects, which have a high technical complexity and/or involve
significant challenges to the business.
- Create and resolve Service Requests
in collaboration with Oracle Support.
- Provide generalized production
- Gather business requirements and
recommend industry best practices and work with functional knowledge holders.
- Design, develop, deploy, test and
maintain technical objects that exist in Oracle applications production
environment, e.g., reports, interfaces, conversions and custom applications
- Create process flows, high level
functional and detailed technical design specifications from business
- Provide customer support for
business critical application problems and issues.
- Assist with testing and deployment
of Release Update Pack and other module upgrades to keep application release
- Proactively work through service
requests with vendor support as needed.
- Coordinate work efforts with the DBA
and middleware teams for application change controls and system performance
- Provide support to System
Administrators relating to custom responsibilities, security profiles, menus,
and user account provisioning.
- Partner with business analysts and
application super users to successfully complete projects.
- Assist with large scale projects may
be required to contribute to efficiency, effectiveness and success of the work.
- Conduct research into new
technologies, including tools, components, and frameworks.
- Make presentations to management,
clients, and peer groups as requested.
- Train and share knowledge with
- Participate in hiring activities and
fulfilling affirmative action obligations and ensuring compliance with the
equal employment opportunity policy.
- Up to 25% travel as required
(domestic and international).
- Work outside the standard office 7.5
hour work day as required.
Formal Education & Certification
- Bachelor degree or foreign
equivalent in related field or equivalent experience.
Knowledge & Experience
- 5+ years IT experience.
5+ years progressively responsible ERP application implementation and
Strong knowledge of Oracle EBS 12.1/ 12.2 releases to ensure effective
and optimal solution design, deployment and support of Oracle solutions.
3+ years of experience in Oracle SQL, PL/SQL, Oracle Application
Framework (OAF), Oracle Reports/Oracle BI Publisher( or Other equivalent)
2+ years experience in developing custom ADF applications using Oracle
JDeveloper with JSF/ADF, Java/JSP technologies.
Proven experience in 2 or more ERP modules including those in the Quote
to Cash, Demand to Build, Procure to Pay, or Warehouse Management.
Knowledge and familiarity with the 2 or more of the following tools
Linux/Unix Shell Scripting, Oracle Workflow Builder, Oracle Approvals
Management (AME), Oracle BI Publisher, Oracle Forms (or other equivalent),
Oracle Alerts, Java.
Preferred Qualifications And Skills
Strong Knowledge on REST/SOAP API(s), XML/JSON, XSD, XSLT, XPath
technologies. Experience on Oracle SOA suite, Oracle Integration Cloud (OIC) is
Experience with ETL/ELT development with Oracle Data Integrator (ODI) or
other tools is preferred.
- 1+ years of Oracle Cloud experience is preferred.
- Experience in Java development.
- Experience in Enterprise Scheduling with BMC Control-M.
Experience in working with version control and software configuration
management tools including Subversion, CVS, GitHub, HP Project and Portfolio
- Oracle Certification in PL/SQL or Java.
Conversational/Business competency in speaking/writing languages
including Spanish, Portuguese or Mandarin.
- Strong written and oral
- Proven ability and initiative to
learn and research new concepts, ideas, and technologies quickly.
- Strong systems/process orientation
with demonstrated analytical thinking, organization skills and problem solving
- Ability to work in a team-oriented,
- Ability to quickly pick up new tools
- Willingness and ability to train and
- Ability to facilitate meetings and
follow up with resulting action items.
- Ability to prioritize and execute
tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong presentation and
- Ability to work effectively in a
globally focused multi-cultural environment, and to lead and influence
cross-organizationally with and without direct authority.
- Ability to effectively move forward
on tasks even with ambiguous or changing requirements.
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive
consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic
information, creed, citizenship status, marital status, or any other
consideration prohibited by law or contract. VEVRAA Federal Contractor
requesting priority referral of protected veterans.